Are you looking for an air purifier to breathe fresher air? With an increase in the level of pollution, it has become essential to purify the air we breathe to minimize lung problems. Here’s a guide for you to find the best air purifier for your room.
A good air purifier cleanses all pollutants present in the atmosphere. It also removes bad smell from the room in which you install it. Now if you want an effective one, you first need to understand how an air purifier works.
How Does an Air Purifier Work?
The purifier traps the polluting particles present in the air. The device then gives out fresh air that is healthier for you to inhale.
So how does it manage to do both? Let’s check it out step by step.
• The air present in the room is sucked in by the fan of the purifier.
• The device has got a filter or multiple filters present in it. When air passes through it, dust, dirt, pollen, germs and odor present in it will get stuck at these filters.
• The fan of the purifier then circulates fresh air in the room.
Looks easy right? Well, it is. Only, not all filters can filter everything present in the air. To filter large particles and clean the air, filters like cloth, mesh or water are useful. To kill germs, UV radiation is required.
So, let’s see what this device can really do to benefit you.
Advantages of an Air Purifier
- Reduces the Chances of Getting Lung Infections and Problems: Problems such as asthma, lung cancer, and other lung-related problems are reduced by the presence of air purifiers. Your lungs are the most affected by particles of smoke, dust, perfumes, cosmetics, carbon monoxide and radon gas. All these are filtered by the purifiers so that you breathe in pure and clean air.
- Reduce the Chances of Getting Air Borne Diseases and Infections: Pollen, dust, and bacteria cause allergies and diseases in the body. Air purifiers with filters that can kill microorganisms as well as those that trap large particles will keep the air clean and pure. They also trap insects like mosquitoes which reduces the chances of getting malaria and dengue.
- Reduces Stress Levels and Improves Sleep: These devices make a sound that is pleasant to the ears. As the air around you becomes fresher, so does your mood. It reduces the levels of carbon dioxide which makes the air cooler and keeps you healthier. As a result, your body’s cortisol levels reduce, which reduces stress and negativity, thereby promoting sleep.
Your Buying Guide
Following are the main factors to consider to buy the best air purifier for your room:
The size of your room needs to be taken into consideration. The purifier must have the capacity to purify the room as fast as possible.
The minimum required cleaning speed of the device should be 300-350, depending on your room size.
There are many types of air purifiers such as HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air), UVGI (Ultra-Violet Germicidal Irradiation) and Ionizing Purifiers. Some are more efficient with cleaning bigger particles and pollutants while some are more efficient with killing micro-organisms and small particles. Choose a purifier that has multiple filters that can safely clean and purify both.
Judge the price on the basis of the efficiency of the purifier as well as its maintenance cost. It makes no sense to buy a purifier who filters have to be replaced every now and then, each replacement costing you, say an extra $30.
5. Quality Standard
Different products have different quality certifications. In this case, look for a product certified by AHAM (Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers) and verified by the Environmental Protection Agency.
6. Air Purifier Reviews
Product reviews are a must, especially when it comes to a one-time investment product. Moreover, an air purifier needs to be efficient to solve the main problem you are facing: breathing problems, insects or allergy. Go through reviews of the top air purifiers in the market and buy on the basis of customers’ experiences.
Given that our sophisticated lifestyle hasn’t been very kind to the environment, the least we can do is help with reducing some levels of emissions in the atmosphere. The air inside can be 5 times dirtier than the air outside. Don’t you think reversing it has become simpler?
While air purifiers control air pollution, you can also prevent global warming. Solar power is gaining popularity here. So, you can check out solar water heaters which use the energy of the sun to give hot water.