For all you photography lovers, have you ever tried using a drone camera? If not, you’ve landed on the right page!
What is a drone?
Also known as an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), it’s an object that can fly through your control. When you fix a camera on it, you can take pictures and videos of a wide area from a height. So, if you go to a great place or have a wedding, drone camera photography is really helpful in taking top view images.
Does having a flying camera sound fun to you now? Let’s see how you can select one for yourself.
Factors for Choosing the Best Drone Camera for Beginners: Buying Guide
If you’re considering buying a drone for the first time, you need to look for one that’s easy to operate. When you rode a bike for the first time, didn’t you fall? Well, this time you’re almost going to fly!
Let’s see what you should be looking for in your very first drone:
- Your Purpose: You have a camera, why do you need a drone? Honestly, I recommend you to buy it if you’re really passionate about photography and videography. Since it shoots from the top and covers a wide range, a drone camera video is far more useful than what you’re capable of taking on your phone.
- Size, Weight, and Form: The most common form you’ll find is the quadcopter drone, also available for kids. The smaller and lighter your UAV is, the more convenient it is to operate. A simple and compact object is less likely to bang into pillars and poles as compared to a complex one.
- Ease of Operation: Is it a remote control drone? If not, don’t go for it. Being a beginner, you need clear instructions to operate it. A remote which has easy to understand buttons along with a user manual attached to it makes it simpler for a new user to fly his camera.
- Battery Life: How long will a battery last? It’s very important for you to know that not only before you buy it but also before you fly it. This decides how long can a drone fly at a time. It can range from 5-30 minutes. You need to decide based on when and where you’ll be using it.
- Flight: Now that’s actually the most important thing you look into. How high can it fly? The height can range between 100-4000 meters. Since it’s something new for you, I suggest you to start flying at a lower height. However, for later usage, the higher you fly, the better is the view.
- Sturdiness: Now that is especially important for a first time user. You have more than 90% chances of crashing into a pillar or wall. You don’t want it to break on the very first flight, do you?
- Price: It is better for the first drone camera price to be less. You’re just learning with the device. It isn’t advisable to learn with a professional drone, even if you’re a photographer wanting to move a step ahead. Always learn with the low-cost device and then go for the complex and expensive ones.
- Spare Parts: In a box of drone cameras, all parts of the device should have an extra alternative. This especially applies to have extra propellers or propeller guards if you’re a beginner. In case you crash, they’re useful. An extra battery is also essential so that you can enjoy using the device for longer.
- Additional Features: It’s not necessary for a starter but if you get any at a low cost, why not! You can consider some like a drone GPS to be very useful in case you lose sight. An automatic return can be set up in case of loss of connectivity too. Other features include live video streaming, pre-programming of flight, and the follow-me function.
If you’re still young, I suggest you should look for a small drone camera for sale first. Since you don’t know how good you’ll be at this, your risk should also be less.
However, one thing I can assure you: once you get the hang of it, you’re going to have a great time. You can take an aerial view of your city, shoot the beautiful landscape of the mountains, shoot an event, and do so much more.
To help you out, I have listed some of the best drone cameras available for both beginners and professionals. Let’s take a look at them.
Top 10 Drones for Beginners and Professionals
In this list, I have involved all kinds of drones that you can choose from. Whether you’re looking for the best mini drone or a 4K drone camera, the guide below has the best products currently available in the market.
Drones for Beginners
You’ll find a wide range of drones for beginners in terms of features and price. You can start with cheap plastic drones, especially if kids are supposed to use it. Else, if quality matters to you, there are some expensive drones that are easy-to-use as well.
As a beginner, you wouldn’t look for anything too expensive. This is the best cheap drone for photography that you can start with. The quadcopter won’t fly for very long but is great for kids as well as beginners who are not so tech-friendly.
Dimensions: 35.3 cm x 22.8 cm x 6.1 cm
This mini drone, or rather pocket drone has a 6-axis gyro which makes it more stable and easier to fly. It is a headless quadcopter that’ll fit in your palms and requires no assembly from your end.
Dimensions: 7.5 cm x 7 cm x 3 cm
This is another super lightweight drone that beginners and kids can use. You can control it from a distance of 50 meters and fly it for 9 minutes. It has an HD camera for both photos and videos.
Dimensions: 21 cm x 21 cm x 5 cm
If you’re neither a professional nor a complete beginner, then you can buy drones that range between ₹15,000-₹30,000.
This drone too has a 6-axis gyro, is headless and foldable. You can control it through both a remote control as well as a smartphone by using its app. It is the best small drone that you can have.
Dimensions: 6 cm x 13 cm x 20 cm
If you’re looking for a nano drone with a camera, then this is the best possible choice you can make. Its 5 MP camera takes great snaps while the 720p recorder gives you a great live view. This lightweight and easy-to-use device need no license, hence an excellent choice for beginners.
Dimensions: 9.8 cm x 9.3 cm x 4.1 cm
This is the best selfie drone that you can avail of online right now. You can operate it with your very own smartphone by downloading an app and get professional images shot out of it. It is a great choice for beginners.
Dimensions: 9.8 cm x 9.3 cm x 4.1 cm
This quadcopter comes with a Wifi camera, remote control, phone holder, battery, propeller, propeller cap, and a 4x guard ring. This is another 6-axis gyro that can fly for 10-12 minutes.
Dimensions: 50 cm x 50 cm x 19 cm
A professional drone camera price in India is pretty expensive. So, you can consider these if you have used a drone before and need it for work.
If a 4k drone camera is what you’re looking for, then this is a great choice. This is a real professional drone that has 2 cameras – front and back. While the front camera has a 4K resolution, the back one provides 1280*720P image quality.
Dimensions: 36 cm x 32 cm x 7.5 cm
This drone comes with a 2.7k camera and can fly for half an hour. It is a foldable mini drone and is extremely lightweight.
Dimensions: 16 cm x 8 cm x 1 cm
This may be one of the most expensive 4K drones, but has a great number of features. It is foldable, has a GPS module, can be used by remote and app both, has a high-limit flight, and can fly up to 500 meters.
Dimensions: 19.6 cm x 17.7 cm x 7 cm
Whether professional or not, if there’s a photographer inside you, then having a drone is practical for taking landscape views. This is because it goes to the height where your hands can’t reach to include everything you want.
Isn’t it more convenient than changing your postures and angles for the best shot all the time?